DANCE COMPANY: Dear parents/guardians
We are planning our annual trip to Kelowna again this year. I wanted to give you some details early on so you and your family can make an informed decision.
When: May 9th -11th
- leaving around lunch time on Friday, attending dance workshops that evening
- performing/competing all day Saturday
- returning around 4pm on Sunday.
Where: Kelowna. Staying at the Best Western Plus. Full buffet breakfast included! Indoor pool
Why: to compete at the Innov8 Dance Competition in Kelowna.
- attend master class workshops from local teachers
- bond as a group/team, have fun!
- collaborate and learn from other dancers/students from various schools
How: Travelling by deluxe coach motor bus (Universal Coach Lines)
Who: Dance Company students (grades 8-12)
- Ms. Branham and Ms. Chan (teachers)
- Jonathon Konrad (male chaperone)
- About 5-6 other Surrey teachers will be also present for the weekend. We are all staying at the same hotel, sharing bussing, going out for dinner together, etc.
- Girls and boys will have separate rooms
- All school rules will apply. Strict curfew times, bed time checks, bag checks, etc.
Approximate cost per student: $190 (breakdown below) . . . subject to change
- $90 for hotel (2 nights, 2 breakfasts, including chaperone’s room)
- $70 for bus transportation (3 days, chaperone’s and driver tip included)
- $15 for Boston Pizza dinner (Saturday night)
- $15 for competition fees (split equally between group)
* Based on 27 students attending
* We may have some fundraising money to cover some partial costs, but not a lot this year. The students and I are going to discuss possible options.
If any parents would like to come up and be extra chaperone’s please let me know as soon as possible. I can get you the group rate at the hotel.
* So at this point, I just need to know if your son or daughter can attend, or not attend.
- More details, permission forms, etc will be sent out closer to the date.
- First payment will be due mid-March, right before Spring Break.
- Final payments due end of April.
Please feel free to call or email me with ANY questions or concerns you may have. This is an amazing opportunity for our dancers to compete and bond as a team. I am flexible and open to any suggestions you may have.
Thank you for all your support!!!
Please fill out the following information that applies to you:
My son/daughter __________________________________________ (name), WILL be attending the Kelowna trip May 9th-11th
My son/daughter __________________________________________ (name), WILL NOT be attending the Kelowna trip May 9th- 11th
I am still unsure if my son/daughter ___________________________ (name), will be attending or not. I will confirm either way by ____________________________ (date).