We are so lucky to live in Vancouver and have some of the best dance instructors in the industry teaching on a regular basis! Take advantage of this and take as many classes as you can! Start with a class you’re comfortable with and work your way up or try something totally new to challenge yourself!
All dance company members are required to attend a minimum of 1 drop in class per month. You must document it (video, photo, copy of receipt, etc), and write a description of the class and your personal opinion and thoughts about it and your experience.
Here are a list of 3 studios that offer drop in classes . . .
Praise Team has drop in hip hop classes on Tuesdays! (ages 13-18)
- $5, or $2 if you bring a non-perishable food item!
- Located at Don Bosco Youth Centre (10461 140th St)
- Teachers rotate between Ervinn T and Anthony G
Studio 604 has various drop in classes throughout the week. Check facebook and/or twitter to find out who’s teaching and when!
- $10 per class
- Located in Burnaby (6889 Sellers Ave, Sellers & Dorest) near Royal Oak station.
Harbour Dance Centre offers the biggest selection of drop in classes in Vancouver
- Hip hop, grooving, jazz, ballet, lyrical, tap, Broadway, burlesque, etc.
- Located downtown…Granville St. station, walk up Granville st, left side.
- Various levels, intro (beginner) to level 3 (professional)
- Various promotions . . . new students get 3 classes for $30!
- Awesome summer intensive classes!!!!!!