Along with their teammates, your son or daughter has been working very hard over the last few months to prepare for the following events. These events are run by me, and the Surrey Secondary Dance Teachers Association as student centered, family friendly events. They are an amazing opportunity for our students to perform and be inspired by one another, and are essential to your child’s dance education and growth. As this is a performing arts course, these events are mandatory and are a large part of the student’s overall evaluation. Please read over the following events carefully and let me know if there are any issues as soon as possible. Many times, we can work around other commitments or events your child may have.
Thursday, April 17th: Surrey District Dance Festival
- 10:30am-1:00pm at the Bell Centre
- District school buses will transport students
- Free show! Family is encouraged to come and watch.
Saturday, April 26th: Breakout Dance Competition
- Chandos Pattison Theatre (Pacific Academy Private School) 10238-168th st.
- Students must arrive by 9:35am (responsible for their own transportation)
- Show starts at 12:00pm.
- Classes dance first…should be done between 12:30-1pm
- However, students are encouraged to stay and support their school for the rest of the show
- Over around 4pm or 4:30pm
- Breakout Bus! $2.00 in advance. Shuttle bus organized by teachers.
2 drop off locations: Newtown exchange or Guildford.
- Parents, friends and family encouraged to attend! $10 tickets in advance, or $15 at the door.
Tuesday, June 10th: Year End Dance Showcase!
- 7:00pm in the large gym
- Dancers must be there by 5:00pm
- Tickets are $5 each, $2 for children
* Please check the blog for updates: www.panoramaridgedance.blogspot.com
* Please email Ms. Jensen if you have any questions: Jensen_j1@surreyschools.ca
Thank you for supporting dance and the performing arts at Panorama Ridge Secondary!